1. Chatterjee A, Gass J, Patel K, Holmes DR, Kopkash K, Peiris L, Peled A, Ryan J, El-Tamer MB, Reiland J. A consensus definition and classification system of oncoplastic surgery developed by the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Submitted to Annals of Surgical Oncology.
2. Orozco J, Nelson D, Chang S-C, Goldfarb M, Holmes DR. 1Effect of Breast-Conserving Therapy Following Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy vs. Mastectomy with Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Operable Breast Cancer: Is There A Survival Association with Breast-Conserving Therapy? Submitted for Publication.
3. Beitsch P, Whitworth P, Hughes K, Holmes DR, et al. Underdiagnosis of Hereditary Breast Center: Are Genetic Testing Guidelines a Tool or an Obstacle? Journal of Clinical Oncology. In press.
4. Bank A, Coronado G, Zimmerman R, Iyengar G, Holmes DR. Breast Conserving Surgery with Targeted Intraoperative Radiotherapy for the Management of Ductal Carcinoma In-Situ. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2018; Dec 27. Doi.org/10/1002/jso.25347
5. Coronado G, Banks A, Iyengar G, Pak S, Zaghi M, Holmes DR. Freezing instead of Resection Of Small breast Tumors (FROST): Status Report of an Ongoing Study of Cryoablation in the Management of Early Stage Invasive Breast Cancer. Submitted for Publication.
6. Bajaj A, Small W, Holmes DR. Targeted Intraoperative Radiation Therapy as a Promising Alternative to External Beam Radiation Therapy for Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation. JAMA Oncology. 2018;4(6):767-768.
7. Holmes DR, Silverstein, MJ. In Reply: Refining Tumor Resection Techniques for Managing Inferior Pole Breast Malignancies. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2017;24(Suppl 3):592
8. Holmes DR, Zimmerman R. Intraoperative Radiotherapy: patient selection, management, and follow-up. J Surg Oncol. 2017:1-7.
9. Small W, Thomas TO, Alvarado M, et al. Commentary on manuscript “Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Consensus Statement: Update of an ASTRO Evidence-Based Consensus Statement” for Practical Radiation Oncology. Invited Editorial. Practical Radiation Oncology. 2017;7:e159-e163.
10. Holmes, DR. Early Complications after Intraoperative Radiotherapy Revisited. J Surg Oncol. Invited Editorial. J Surg Oncol. 2017;9999:1-3.
11. Simmons R, Ballman K, Cox C, et al. A Phase II Trial Exploring the Success of Cryoablation Therapy in the Treatment of Invasive Breast Carcinoma: Results from ACOSOG (Alliance) Z1072. Annals of Surgical Oncology. Ann Surg Oncol 2016, 23(8):2438-45.
12. Rivera R, Banks A, Casillas-Lopez A, et al. Targeted Intraoperative Radiotherapy for the Management of Ductal Carcinoma In Situ of the Breast. The Breast Journal. 2016;22:63-74.
13. Holmes DR, Colfry A, Czerniecki B, et al. Performance and Practice Guidelines for the Use of Neoadjuvant Systemic Therapy in the Management of Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22(10):3184-90.
14. Terando AM, Agnese DM, Holmes DR. Treatment and Prognosis of Rare Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22(10):3225-9.
15. Harris EE, Small W, Holmes D, Grobmeyer S, Pavord D. In Regard to Hepel and Wazer: A letter to the editor. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2015;92(5):955-957.
16. Holmes DR. Intraoperative Radiotherapy of the Breast for Early Stage Breast Cancer: Ready for Primetime. The Breast Journal. 2015:1-4.
17. Holmes DR. Intraoperative Radiotherapy in Breast Conserving Surgery. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2014;110:68-74.
18. Schnabel F, Boolbol SK, Gittleman, Holmes DR, et al. A Randomized Prospective Study of lumpectomy margins assessment with the use of MarginProbe in patients with nonpalpable breast malignancies. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2014;21(5):1589-1895.
19. Holmes D, Silverstein MJ. Triangle Resection with Crescent Mastopexy: An Oncoplastic Breast Surgical Technique for Managing Inferior Pole Lesions. Annals of Surgical Oncology. August 10, 2012. Epub
20. Rivera RJ, Holmes D, Rashtian A, Sheth P, Villegas-Mendez S, Rayhanabad J, Smith-Bronstein V. Mammographic Findings After Intraoperative Radiotherapy of the Breast. Radiology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, Article ID 758371, 7 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/758371
21. Valente SA, Levine GM, Silverstein MJ, Rayhanabad MD, Weng-Grumley JG, Li J, Holmes DR, Sposto R, Sener S. Accuracy of Predicting Axillary Lymph Node Positivity Using Physical Exam, Mammography, Ultrasonography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Accepted for publication. Annals of Surgical Oncology.
22. Holmes DR. Ongoing consideration of cavity evaluation devices in the treatment of breast cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011:18(7):1809-11.
23. Holmes DR, Schooler W, Smith R. Oncoplastic approaches to breast conservation. International Journal of Breast Cancer (IJBC 303879), Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 303879, Epub: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijbc/2011/303879/
24. Diehl KM, Green EM, Weinberg A, Frederick WA, Holmes DR, et al. Features associated with successful recruitment of diverse patients onto cancer clinical trials: Report from the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 6/17/2011:1-7. Epub.
25. Kelley, LM and Holmes, DR. Tracer agents for the detection of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer: Current concerns and directions for the future. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2010;104(1):91–96.
26. Holmes DR, Major J, Lyonga D, Alleyne RA, Clayton SC, Clark S. Increasing Minority Patient Participation in Cancer Clinical Trials with the use of Oncology Nurse Navigators. Accepted for Publication. American Journal of Surgery, 2010 (AJS-S-10-00914). Epub
27. Holmes DR, Streeter OE. Commentary on: Intraoperative high-dose-rate brachytherapy—a novel technique in the surgical management of axillary recurrence [Breast J 15:140-145, 2009]. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly. 2010;21(1):66-67, 2010.
28. Jeong J-W, Sin DC, Do S-H, Blanco C, Klipfel NE, Holmes DR, Hovanessian-Larsen LJ, Marmarelis VZ. Differentiation of Cancerous Lesions in Excised Human Breast Specimens under Multiband Attenuation Profiles from ultrasonic transmission tomography. Journal of Ultrasound Medicine. 2008;27:435-451.
29. Holmes DR, Baum M, Joseph DJ. The TARGIT Trial: Targeted Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Versus Conventional Post-Operative Whole Breast Radiotherapy after Breast Conserving Surgery for the Management of Early Stage Invasive Breast Cancer (A Trial Update). Am J Surg. 2007;194(4):507-10.
30. Holmes DR, Silverstein MJ. Minimally Invasive Breast Procedure Clinic: An Innovative Way to Teach Breast Fellows Breast Ultrasound and Ultrasound-Guided Breast Procedures. Am J Surg. 2006;192(4):439-43.
31. Lee LA, Silverstein MJ, Chung CT, Sanghavi P, Macdonald HR, Epstein M, Holmes DR, Silberman H, Ye W, Lagios M. Breast Cancer Specific Mortality After Invasive Local Recurrence in Patients With Ductal Carcinoma in Situ of the Breast. Am J Surg. 2006;192(4):416-9.
32. Macdonald HR, Silverstein MJ, Ye W, Lee L, Sanghavi P, Holmes DR, Silberman H, Lagios M. Margin width as the sole determinate of local recurrence after breast conservation in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breast. Am J Surg. 2006;192(4):420-2.
33. Silverstein MJ, Lagios MS, Recht A, Holmes DR, et al. Image-Detected Breast Cancer: State of the Art Diagnosis and Treatment. J Am Coll Surg. 2005;10(4):586-596.
34. MacDonald HR, Silverstein MJ, Mabry H, Moorthy B, Ye W, Epstein MS, Holmes DR, Silberman H, Lagion M. Local control in ductal carcinoma in situ treated with excision alone: incremental benefit of larger margins. American Journal of Surgery. 2005;190:521-525.
35. Godfrey RS, Holmes DR, Kumar AS, Kutner SE. Sentinel lymph node biopsy at Kaiser Permanente for patients with breast cancer: TPMG's Five-year experience. The Kaiser Permanente Journal. 2005;9(1):77-83.
36. Romero L, Klein L, Holmes DR, Ye W, Soni R, Silberman H, Lagios MD, Silverstein MJ. Outcome after invasive recurrence in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast. Am J Surg. 2004;188:371-376.
37. Holmes DR, Wester W, Thompson RW, Reilly JM. Prostaglandin E2 synthesis and cyclooxygenase expression in abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 1997;25:8 10-815.
38. Lopez-Candales A, Holmes DR, Liao S, Scott MJ, Wickline SA, Thompson RW. Decreased vascular smooth muscle cell density in medial degeneration of human abdominal aortic aneurysms. Am J Pathol. 1997;150(3):993-1007.
39. Holmes DR, Lopez-Candales A, Liao S, Thompson RW. Smooth muscle cell apoptosis and p53 expression in human abdominal aortic aneurysms. Ann NY Acad Sci. 1996;800:286-7.
40. Holmes DR, Petrinec D, Wester W, Thompson RW, Reilly JM. Indomethacin prevents elastase-induced abdominal aortic aneurysms in the rat. J Surg Res. 1996;63(1):305-309.
41. Petrinec D, Holmes DR, Liao S, Golub LM, Thompson RW. Suppression of experimental aneurysmal degeneration with chemically modified tetracycline derivatives. Ann NY Acad Sci 1996;800:263-5.
42. Petrinec D, Liao S, Holmes DR, Reilly JM, Parks WC, Thompson RW. Doxycycline inhibition of aneurysmal degeneration in an elastase-induced rat model of abdominal aortic aneurysm: Preservation of aortic elastin associated with suppressed production of 92 kD gelatinase. J Vasc Surg. 1996;23(2):336-346.
43. Lopez-Candales A, Holmes DR, Scott MJ, Thompson RW, Wickline SA. Effects of ultraviolet light on macrophages and smooth muscle cells in vitro and in intact atherosclerotic explants: Potential role of apoptosis in vascular biology. Biochem Cell Biol. 1996;74(3):333-345.
44. Holmes DR, Liao S, Parks WC, Thompson RW. Medial neovascularization in abdominal aortic aneurysms: A histopathologic marker of aneurysmal degeneration with pathophysiologic implications. J Vasc Surg. 1995;21: 761-772.
45. Thompson RW, Holmes DR, Mertens RA, Liao S, Botney MD, Mecham RP, Welgus HG, Parks WC. Production and localization of 92-kD gelatinase in abdominal aortic aneurysms: An elastolytic metalloelastase expressed by aneurysm-infiltrating macrophages. J Clin Invest 1995;96(1):318-326.