Phone and Video Consultations
Dr. Holmes offers online Video consults, virtual office visits, and Phone consultations to California residents living outside of the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Dr. Holmes is licensed to practice medicine in the State of California. Dr. Holmes can provide limited guidance to out-of-state and international residents who are considering coming to California for treatment.
Phone Consults may benefit you if you are seeking:
- A second opinion regarding the surgical treatment of breast cancer.
- A second opinion regarding the management of a benign breast problem
- To meet Dr. Holmes in advance of an in-office consultation.
- Virtual follow-up after an in-office consultation.
- To determine your eligibility for intraoperative radiotherapy (TARGIT)
- To determine your eligibility for cryoablation or other clinical trials
- Breast cancer risk assessment
- Advice regarding optimal breast cancer screening and detection
Video or phone consultations provided by Dr. Holmes are not intended to replace a formal consultation that is ordinarily accompanied by review of breast imaging studies (e.g., mammograms, ultrasound, and breast MRI) as well as a detailed breast examination.
What are the costs?
Video and phone consults are provided on a fee for service basis:
Initial consultations are billed at $250 for up to 1 hour, including time for review of your records.
Follow-up consultations are billed at $100 for up to 30 minutes, including time for review of your records.
Payments should be made in advance using a credit card. You may contact your health insurer to see if it will cover or reimburse you for video or phone consultations.
How do I get started?
Simply contact our office to set up a Video or phone consultation, and we will tell you how to proceed. You may also request an appointment online.